Saturday, October 5, 2013

Name Design Project Reflection

1. The first step in the design process was to create four sketches of different styles of my name. Then had to choose one and create two more sketches based on the one that I chose. Then out of the two, I chose one and worked on perfecting it and and adding in color with 3 different colored sharpies. This process was very helpful because it gave me a lot of time to think and come up with new ideas and different artistic skills. It also gave me the chance to do multiple drafts which I thought was helpful because it gave me more options to choose from.

2My name design represents me because it shows that I am a friendly and comforting person. You can see this through my fuzzy style outline around my name and patterns in the background. Something fuzzy is comforting and it makes us feel good and that's how i am around my friends. I try to help them whenever they need advice. I also think people feel comfortable talking to me because of my friendly nature. I also used the color blue because I like that it's not too dark but not too light. It has a good balance between the two shades in my opinion. I believe this delineates my character because I'm not too shy nor too open I think I have the right balance of not being super confident but not too reserved. 

3. I created the focal point with the "I" in my name. I did this by enlarging its size increasingly more than the other letters of my name. I also did a different design within that letter compared to the other letters which helped emphasize the letter and differentiate it from the others. 

4. The most difficult part for me was to find a way to incorporate my name in an interesting way. I first started with just the letters of my name but had no idea what to add or what to do after then. It was hard for me to come up with a background that was creative and also represented me as a person.

5. I'm satisfied with my project, not necessarily proud with my result but it's satisfactory. I feel this way because I believe my name design meets all the criteria of the project but the design itself isn't that interesting to me. I would've liked it better if it were more creative and not so plain.

6. I would probably modify my name design so that it is more creative and interesting. I would try to incorporate some theme that is artistic and also relates to me. I would also manage my time better so I wouldn't have to work on it outside of school. 

1 comment:

  1. Since I first saw your project I saw that it was somewhat cloudy and knew it represented friendliness. I think that the cloudiness represents friendliness because the water molecules stick together to form clouds, and you stick with your friends to make friends.

    ReplyDelete